- You need to complete Getting Started (Module 1 – Essential Information; Module 3 – Tools for the Role; Module 5 – Fundamentals of Scouting; Module 6 – Changes in Scouting) – within 5 months of attending the Appointments Committee.
- You need to have Getting Started validated by a Training Adviser.
- You need to complete All Appointments (Module 7 – Scouting for All; Module 11 – Administration; Module 12A – Delivering a Quality Programme) – within 3 years of attending the Appointments Committee.
- You need to have All Appointments validated by a Training Adviser.
- You need to have an in-date first aid qualification. The minimum requirement for Module 10 is First Response. Provide a copy of your first aid certificate to your Training Adviser, no other validation is required. First Aid is valid for 3 years and should be kept in date at all times.
- You need to complete The Programme and The People (Module 12B – Programme Planning; Module 17 – Running Safe Activities; Module 18 – Practical Skills; Module 19 – International; Module 14 – Supporting Young People; Module 15 – Promoting Positive Behaviour; Module 13 – Growing the Section; Module 9 – Working with Adults; Module 8 – Skills of Leadership) – within 3 years of attending the Appointments Committee.
- You need to have The Programme and The People validated by a Training Adviser.
- You will have been provided with an input on Safety and on Safeguarding as part of Getting Started. These elements are valid for 5 years and should be kept in date at all times. Safety refresher training and Safeguarding refresher training courses are available.
- Once Getting Started, All Appointments, The Programme and The People, have been validated (and First Aid, Safety and Safeguarding are all in date) a recommendation will be made to Scout Headquarters for the issue of your Wood-beads.