In November 2018 West Lancs Scouts will be travelling to Menin Gate, Ypres, Belgium to join in remembrance events that will take place on the 11th November, 100 years after the end of the First World War and applications are now open.
The application form can be downloaded at : Menin Gate YP Application Form.docx (406 downloads) .
- An exciting five day expedition leaving on Thursday 8th November, returning on Monday 12th November 2018.
- The trip presents opportunities to experience French and Belgian culture with two nights being spent in indoor accommodation in each country (Albert, France and Tremmel, Belgium).
- The expedition will give young people the chance to:
- Visit sites of importance relating to World War I to understand the significance of the events which took place during that time.
- Spend half a day in a French / Belgian town to experience European life.
- Attend the Armistice Day service at the Menin Gate, Ypres to commemorate 100 year since World War I ended.
- Meet Scouts from the French / Belgian area to learn of each other’s experience in Scouting.
- The total cost of the trip will be no more than £395 and includes:
- One training weekend and two training days.
- Return transport from various pick-up points to France & Belgium.
- Four nights indoor accommodation.
- All food, activities and entrance fees in France & Belgium.
- Expedition hooded sweatshirt and neckerchief.
- Ensure you can get the time necessary off school/college. Download a letter to support this leave application at : Menin Gate School Leave Support Letter.pdf (301 downloads)
- Please complete the application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide a non-refundable deposit of £50 is required by 31st January 2018, details of how this can be paid will be made available following submission of the form.
- Please note, the young person will need to be aged 10 and a half and under 18 at the time we travel.
The closing date for applications is 31st January 2018 and spaces are limited, register now to avoid disappointment.